- Our Mission
- Our Team
- Our Approach
- For Teams
- For Leaders
Team Genius Coaching
In a nutshell
This is a 6+-month Team Coaching program where we practically support Leadership Teams to:
- Identify and address the personal and collective behaviors that can get in the way of the Team’s Genius
- Identify and strengthen the mindsets, skills and practices that cultivate the team’s collective wisdom, creative intelligence and generative capacity
The result is the team moving into a new mode of being – where there is palpable respect and trust; an embrace of challenging conversations that lead to fresh solutions; and a more effective team operating system that gets better results with greater ease and an collaboration.
We custom-design each Team Genius Coaching program on the basis of results from a comprehensive Team Diagnostic™ Assessment.
Team Diagnostic™ Assessment
The Team Diagnostic™ Assessment is the state-of-the-art, whole-team assessment tool we use to provide teams with an x-ray vision of their performance on 14 different dimensions of researched and proven health factors of sustainably high performing, extra-ordinary teams. These 14 dimensions fall in 2 key categories:
- Productivity (what the team accomplishes)
- Positivity (the team culture within which results are delivered)
The Team Diagnostic™ approach is unique in that it measures performance of the team as a whole system, not merely a collection of individuals. This ‘system’s approach’ involves a team mindset shift that provides the basis for sustainable improved performance.
The results of the assessment provide a snapshot of where the team is now and illuminates the way ahead. A follow-up assessment 6+ months later provides valuable and measurable feedback in terms of shifts made by the team.
For more information on the methodology of the Team Diagnostic™ Assessment, please click here.
To see a sample of some of the graphics from the Team Diagnostic™ Assessment report, please click here.
Sample program outline
The Team Genius Coaching program is made up of a mixture of the following elements:
- Online Team Diagnostic™ Assessment (TDA) completed by all team members
- Interviews with all team members as well as other important stakeholders in the organization (and outside it) to get a perspective on how the team is perceived and experienced
- 2-day custom-designed off-site retreat to debrief TDA results and address key issues through experiential exercises, team dialogue and personal reflection
- A team action plan for change
- Monthly custom-designed team-coaching sessions with focus on relevant Team Genius skill development
- Leadership Coaching sessions for individual members to transform reactive tendencies and re-focus on creative competencies, using the Leadership Circle Profile instrument
- 1-day ‘end-of-program’ Team ‘fast forward’ Retreat: repeat Team Diagnostic Assessment to measure and celebrate team progress and plan next steps
Identify the team’s self-perception on its functioning AND contrast it with people’s perspectives outside the team
- Identify and leverage the team’ s existing strengths
- Identify areas where the team wants/needs to improve
- Create a compelling vision for team collaboration
- Strengthen and co-create the foundations for understanding, respect and extra-ordinary trust
- Constructively engage in essential conversations that deal with the real issues and ‘elephants in the room’ that need problem solving or innovation
- Access Inspiration that translates into compelling Vision and Values that get put in practice for the team and the organization
- Build empowering skills in areas such as constructive dialogue, joint decision-making, motivating accountability, constructive feedback and appreciation
- Harvest the team’s diverse perspective to deepen the collective wisdom and greater creative intelligence that bring forth inspired solutions and decisions
- Measurable results: a comparison report of the Team Diagnostic Assessment success factors identifying improvements made over the period